ONSIDE Fund: MENA edition
Mission: Drive a sustained feminist movement that re-imagines and transforms sport.
Vision: All girls, women* and non-binary people exercise their right to play.
ONSIDE MENA will specifically seek out initiatives that promote and advocate for gender justice to and through sports in the Middle East and North Africa region. Eligible groups will be asked to describe how their work contributes to the vision and mission of ONSIDE.
Groups will access unrestricted funds to support girls, women* and non-binary individuals in exercising their right to play, thus advancing gender justice in sports at all levels, from the grassroots to the global.
Who will ONSIDE MENA fund?
ONSIDE MENA will support individuals and grassroots organisations, collectives, groups and cooperatives led by girls, women and non-binary individuals, benefitting girls, women, and non-binary individuals in sports.
During this call, the ONSIDE Fund will support groups based in the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Chad, Egypt, Eritrea, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Oman, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Western Sahara, Qatar, Yemen, Sudan, Somalia, Moroccan Sahara.
Groups and organisations
- Can either be registered and non-registered
- Must have an annual operating budget of less than USD 150,000 for the past two fiscal years
- Leadership must be at least 60% of women and non-binary individuals, however, priority will be given to organisations fully led by women and non-binary individuals
- Only self-identified women, non-binary and other marginalised individuals are eligible to apply for an individual ONSIDE grant
Priority will be given to:
- Applications clearly led by girls, women and non-binary individuals that demonstrate participatory models of leadership, including meaningful leadership roles and active decision-making functions for girls, women and non-binary individuals
- Applications led by and benefitting more underrepresented and marginalised communities
The application form is available in English, Arabic and French. The deadline to apply is 29 May.