Over 45 speakers confirmed for MOVE Congress 2023
The MOVE Congress 2023 is as diverse and exciting as ever before – we now have 45 speakers confirmed (and counting) from 22 countries across five continents. Spanish High Commissioner Against Child Poverty, Ernesto Gasco, will join our keynote line-up on Thursday 16 November and the Gasol Foundation is set to feature as a highlight of our masterclass ‘FUNdamentals of a healthy childhood’ on Friday 17 November.
We can’t wait to start the 11th MOVE Congress together with our organising partners Fútbol Más Foundation and Deporte para la Educación y la Salud (DES), media partner España se Mueve and supporters the High Spanish Council of Sports (which will feature in the opening) and the High Commissioner Against Child Poverty.
More speaker highlights revealed:
- Edelmira Campos Núñez, Assistant External Relations Officer, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Spain
- Matthijs Vink, CEO of H20 esports and Go!Gaming, Netherlands
- Oleksandra Boliak, Secretary General, UkraineActive
- Elena Marin Yanez, Head of Programmes and Grants, Laureus Sport for Good Foundation, UK
- Laura Lorenzo, Head of Communication and Marketing, Gasol Foundation, Spain
- Stephen Whiting, Technical Officer, World Health Organization
- Viktória Kovács, Consultant, Hungarian Country Office of the World Health Organization
- Sophia Schuff, Director & Team Lead, Gehl Architects, Denmark
- Rául Dolz Sánchez, Senior Urban Designer, Gehl Architects, Spain
- Rocio Ruiz-Berdejo, Real Betis Balompié Foundation, Spain
- Etsuko Yamada, Head of International Sport for Development, Japan Sport Council
- Oliver Vanges, Development Specialist, Lokale og Anlægsfonden (Danish Foundation for Culture and Sports Facilities)
- Gustav Svanborg Edén, Project Manager, Skateboarding and Urban Development, City of Malmö, Sweden
- Petteri Lahti, Head of the Sport Department, City of Pori, Finland
- Haneen Khatib, Consultant, sportanddev, Jordan
and much more! Visit our speakers’ page to browse the full list
The conference is supported by the European Union through projects including Icehearts Europe, Placemaking and Sport, European Grassroots Esports, IRTS Ukraine and an EU4Health programme operating grant.
About the MOVE Congress
The MOVE Congress is one of the few conferences in the world that focuses solely on recreational sport and physical activity. The event gathers organisations and individuals who deliver initiatives at the grassroots level along with decision-makers, companies, urban planners, health experts, academics and other key stakeholders for three days of active networking.
Its innovative sessions have a unique focus on being physically active – so you can expect the unexpected, such as watching a speaker riding an exercise bike during their presentation, sitting on a fitness ball or showing you the active spaces in their city.
Taking this dynamic approach and getting conference participants out of their seats to move around ensures a great level of interaction and is a fun way to break the ice. And it might just help you establish your next successful partnership…
10 years of highlights!
This year we celebrate the 11th anniversary of the MOVE Congress! Since 2009, the MOVE Congress has been held in Copenhagen (twice), Frankfurt, Paris, Sao Paulo, Barcelona, Rome, Birmingham, Budapest and Brussels.
For a taste of what to expect, check out the highlights from the MOVE Congress in Budapest and Brussels below and you can find more presentations and highlights videos going all the way back to 2009 on our YouTube channel.
Please visit the registration page and use the form to register. All attendees, including speakers, moderators and invited partners and stakeholders must register for the MOVE Congress. For a more user-friendly experience, try to access this page and the form with a laptop computer rather than a mobile phone.
The revenue collected from the Congress fees supports the long-term development of the MOVE Congress and to keep the biennial meeting format viable by ensuring that infrastructure and services are in place from year to year. The MOVE Congress fee does not include travel and accommodation.
Note that your registration will be confirmed after we have received your online payment of the Congress fee.
In case you have further questions regarding registration, please contact the Move Congress operating team by e-mail.