Shortlist revealed for ISCA awards
Twelve shortlisted candidates are now revealed as the nominees for four ISCA Awards recognising best practices and role models in the Integration of Refugees Through Sport (IRTS) field. We are grateful to have received 75 inspiring applications from organisations and individuals working and volunteering in this field.
After carefully considering all applications, the jury has selected three shortlisted candidates for each category:
IRTS Cross-Sector Partnership
- CAP Ciudad de Murcia (Spain)
- Kraainem Football Club (Belgium)
- Run Free (Belgium)
Integration of Women and Girl Refugees Through Sport
- Bike Bridge e.V. (Germany)
- JUNO - a voice for refugee women (Germany)
- Girl Power Organisation (Denmark)*
IRTS Innovation During Covid-19
- Futbol Más (France)
- Netball America Inc. (USA)
- Youth Sport Trust International (UK)
IRTS Role Model
- Gerald Mballe, Special Olympics (Spain)
- Khalida Popal, Girl Power Organisation (Denmark)*
- Gibril Deen, Mahatma Gandhi Human Rights Organization (Hungary)
We are looking forward to meeting all nominees in person in Brussels at the MOVE Congress from 17-19 November, where the winners will be announced at a special Awards ceremony during the opening. The winners of the first three categories will be selected by the jury and the fourth category, IRTS Role Model, will be selected through a people’s choice voting poll commencing on 1 October 2021.
Find out more about the nominees and see the list of all eligible applicants for each category here.
* Please note that Khalida Popal is in the IRTS Awards jury. As she/her organisation has also been nominated for awards, we have made sure that she has not been voting in those categories.
[This article was originally published on the ISCA website.]