Trauma-informed sport training
Sport is drastically underutilized as a solution to support healing and violence prevention, and through this four-part training series, participants will learn how to leverage sport to create trust and psychological safety, address the impact of implicit bias, and use tailored, evidence-based regulatory activities with young people.
CHJS will offer six in-person training cohorts and one virtual training cohort between February – June, 2023. The trainings will take place across the city in each of the Healthy Chicago Equity Zones and each cohort will consist of four, two-hour training sessions. Participants are highly encouraged to attend in-person trainings in the community in which they are serving and connected to.
West: REGISTER HERE
- Dates: Saturdays February 11, 18, 25, March 4 from 10:00a -12:00p
- Location: Austin Public Library
Near South: REGISTER HERE
- Dates: Wednesdays February 8, 15, 22, Mar. 1 from 10:00a – 12:00p
- Location: Discover Customer Care Center
Southwest: REGISTER HERE
- Dates: Wednesdays March 15, 22, 29, April 5 from 6:00p – 8:00p (dinner served)
- Location: Chicago Youth Boxing Club/La Villita Community Church
North Central: REGISTER HERE
- Dates: Wednesdays March 15, 22, 29, April 5 from 10:00a – 12:00p
- Location: TBD
Northwest: REGISTER HERE
- Dates: Tuesdays April 18, 25, May 2, 9 from 10:30a – 12:30p
- Location: Portage-Cragin Branch Library
Far South: REGISTER HERE
- Dates: Thursdays April 20, 27, May 4, 11 from 10:00a – 12:00p
- Location: Gately Park
Join us for VIRTUAL trainings, available to interested participants across the communities who are unable to attend the aforementioned in-person opportunities.
- REGISTER HERE
- Dates: Thursdays May 25, June 1, 8, 15 from 10:00a – 12:00p
- Location: Virtual
Participants who attend all four sessions will receive a certificate of completion and will be entered into a raffle for giveaways. For any questions, please reach out to Ivan Ortega at [email protected].